An opportunity for Career Quest students came from Carolyn Schmidt, from the National Association of Career Women (NACW) - Scholarship Committee Member.
Here are the details and attachment she sent:
NACW awards a scholarship to women who are working towards the academic portion of either a new career or to further their current career. The scholarship was founded in honor of one of our founding members, Harriett E. Pincumbe.
This year we will award a $1,500 scholarship. The scholarship will be formally presented to the recipient on Wednesday, July 8, 2020 at the NACW Luncheon.
Applications must be post marked by May 25, 2020. Applicants will be notified if they have or have not been selected for the scholarship by June 29, 2020.
The Scholarship Committee will use the following criteria when reviewing the applicant materials:
· A woman resident of Eaton, Ingham or Clinton County
· Enrolled in or accepted for enrollment in an accredited institution pursuing an Associate’s degree, Bachelor’s degree or certificate-based program
· Employed, interning, volunteering, or serving in other activities
· Experiencing financial need (the need should be described in the personal letter)
· Has experienced at least 1 year of interruption in their academic career
· Ensure all requirements of the application checklist are completed
The attached Scholarship Application & Information Sheet includes this and additional information.
Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions.